gnome-sharp does not recognize gtk#

olivier SAINT-EVE oliviersainteve at wanadoo.fr
Fri Jul 13 15:28:44 PDT 2007

hello,

my question does not concern macport directly, I tried to install
gnome-sharp 2.16 manually because it is not in the list of macport's
ports, and one of its dependencies is gtk#; no problem, I installed gtk#
(2.10.0 manually), but gnome-sharp does not recognize gtk#:

    checking for GTKSHARP... configure: error: Package requirements
    (gtk-sharp-2.0 >= 2.10.0) were not met:

    No package 'gtk-sharp-2.0' found

    Alternatively, you may set the environment variables GTKSHARP_CFLAGS
    and GTKSHARP_LIBS to avoid the need to call pkg-config.

have you an idea about how to solve this ?

thank you,

lolveley.