installing popt with macports

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Mon Jul 16 01:04:56 PDT 2007

On Jul 16, 2007, at 02:00, olivier SAINT-EVE wrote:

> well, I copied some files (like config.sub), and each time I retry,
> each time I felt on another file which doesn't exist.
> but now it is no more possible... I'm stuck.

Ok, now we may be getting somewhere. From where to where did you copy
config.sub?

I see that the portfile contains these lines:

platform darwin {
	post-patch {
		file copy -force /usr/share/libtool/config.guess ${worksrcpath}/
config.guess
		file copy -force /usr/share/libtool/config.sub ${worksrcpath}/
config.sub
	}
}

So it should be copying config.sub and config.guess from the OS into
the port's work directory. These files do exist in the OS for me:

$ l /usr/share/libtool/config.*
-rwxr-xr-x   1 root  wheel  41362 Sep 12  2006 /usr/share/libtool/
config.guess
-rwxr-xr-x   1 root  wheel  29973 Sep 12  2006 /usr/share/libtool/
config.sub
$

Do they exist for you?