Fwd: [27045] trunk/dports/security/cyrus-sasl2/Portfile

Juan Manuel Palacios jmpp at macports.org
Mon Jul 16 12:11:42 PDT 2007

Begin forwarded message:

> From: source_changes at macosforge.org
> Date: July 16, 2007 2:42:35 PM GMT-04:00
> To: macports-changes at lists.macosforge.org
> Subject: [27045] trunk/dports/security/cyrus-sasl2/Portfile
>
> Revision 27045
>

> Author jmpp at macports.org
>

> Date 2007-07-16 11:42:34 -0700 (Mon, 16 Jul 2007)
>

> Log Message Commit patch contributed by Ryan in #12279 to
> tempoarily fix archival issue of packages that list two variant
> names in a single code block. Closes #12279. NOTE: Consider this
> only a temporary, Portfile specific fix, the real bug in MacPorts'
> base should be sought and fixed seperately. Tracked in #ticket
> 12306. As for this particular Portfile, Ryan's fix is also a better
> approach 'cause 'darwin' and 'freebsd' shouldn't be listed as
> variants but platforms rather, whereas 'kerberos' is a valid
> variant name.
>

> Modified Paths trunk/dports/security/cyrus-sasl2/Portfile

	Hey guys!

	I just committed Ryan's patch to fix the error installing cyrus-
sasl2 all of you reported. Please do excuse me for taking so long to
act on it, I've been busy ;-)

	My commit log contains some information of what's at fault here, but
further inspection (reading through all the mails I got for this)
reveals the error is not in the archivemode code but actually
independent of it, both Tabitha and Blair proved the same error crops
up when installing directly (either image mode or direct, I just
meant having archivemode disabled). Interestingly enough, the first
report I got for this error was on June 15th, the same day I merged
my dp2mp-move branch back into trunk. Not sure if the two are related
though, as I did not touch anything in the installation process other
than consistently changing names across all our sources. I'll
investigate however.

	Ticket tracking this error is #12306 per my commit log, but if
you're only interested in getting back up and running simply wait
about half an hour from now and sync your sources, Ryan's patch
should flow into your ports tree at the time.

	Regards (and sorry again for the wait!),...

-jmpp