copy from Mac OS X and paste to kde apps

Jonathan Stickel jjstickel at vcn.com
Tue Jul 17 10:32:03 PDT 2007

I've been a long-time linux user and have started using a Mac.  I'm
getting X11 setup using macports and have installed (ported) KDE.  I
would like to copy and paste back and forth between Mac OS X apps and
X11 apps.  I am generally able to do so by following this FAQ:

http://developer.apple.com/qa/qa2001/qa1232.html
(Q: How do I copy and paste using X11 for Mac OS X?
Q: How do I make copy and paste work with other window managers?)

However, pasting into kde specific applications with middle-click is not
working (e.g. in konsole).  I can paste into other X11 apps, e.g. xterm
and emacs, even when those apps are launched from within KDE using the
kwin window manager.  Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Jonathan