X needed. What is this?

Kevin Walzer kw at codebykevin.com
Wed Jul 18 08:15:53 PDT 2007

olivier SAINT-EVE wrote:
> Hello, when I try to install cairo, I have the following error message:
>
> checking for X_CFLAGS...
> checking for X_LIBS...
> checking for X... no
> configure: error: X is required, but it was either disabled or not found.
>
> After a re-installation, it's the first port I install.
> Do you know what is X, and where find it?
>
> thank you,
>
> lolveley.

Looks like it's checking for an X server, i.e. X11/X.org.

Running the command "port deps cairo" shows that Cairo requires xrender
to build; "port deps xrender" shows XFree86, which is one of the
standard X servers, as a dependency.

Do you have Apple's X11 / X11 SDK installed? I believe that should
satisfy the dependency.

----
Kevin Walzer
PortAuthority: The GUI for MacPorts