webpublish ftp location is now wrong

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Thu Jul 19 01:53:28 PDT 2007

On Jul 19, 2007, at 03:25, Malcolm Fitzgerald wrote:

> I'm having a whale of time following an upgrade from 10.3 to 10.4.
>
> I used webpublish, a simple command line tool that transferred
> files to another computer. It's still listed in MacPorts but the
> location has changed. It was at  ftp://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/webpublish
> but it is now at  ftp://ftp.gnu.org/old-gnu/webpublish.
>
> Can I change the locations that will be searched, ie, change gnu to
> old-gnu.

You can edit a portfile by using "port edit webpublish", assuming
your EDITOR environment variable is set up properly.

The webpublish port needed to be updated, which I did:

http://trac.macosforge.org/projects/macports/changeset/27097

Wait 12 hours, then "sudo port sync", then you should be able to
install webpublish 0.1.1_0.

The port used "master_sites gnu" but GNU moved the software out of
the "gnu" directory and into the "old-gnu" directory. We do not
appear to have a "master_sides old-gnu" option. Should we? For now,
I'm hardcoding the URL of the main GNU server, since such "old"
software will hopefully not be in great demand.

Also, the port was at version 0.1.0 which would not build on my machine:

$ sudo port install
--->  Verifying checksum(s) for webpublish
--->  Extracting webpublish
--->  Applying patches to webpublish
--->  Configuring webpublish
--->  Building webpublish with target all
Error: Target org.macports.build returned: shell command " cd "/opt/
local/var/macports/build/
_Users_rschmidt_macports_dports_www_webpublish/work/webpublish-0.1.0"
&& make all " returned error 2
Command output: make  all-recursive
Making all in webpublish
Making all in docs
Making all in en
make[4]: Nothing to be done for `all'.
make[4]: Nothing to be done for `all-am'.
c++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I..   -I/opt/local/include  -O2 -O2 -fno-
exceptions -fno-check-new  -c dataelement.cpp
objectfile.h: In member function 'status
ObjectFile<T>::Read_ObjectFile_Header()':
objectfile.h:2174: error: 'itshandle' was not declared in this scope
make[3]: *** [dataelement.o] Error 1
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make: *** [all-recursive-am] Error 2

$

I upgraded the port to use the last version of webpublish, 0.1.1, and
that built for me.