Can't compile/Make 1.5.0 on a MacBook (was Re: MacPorts 1.5.0 released)

Juan Manuel Palacios jmpp at macports.org
Thu Jul 19 08:29:33 PDT 2007

On Jul 14, 2007, at 10:48 AM, TjL wrote:

> (reposting... I sent this 5 days ago but no replies)
>
> On Jul 10, 2007, at 2:54 AM, Juan Manuel Palacios wrote:
>
>> 	I am glad to announce that we've finally finished the 1.5.0
>> edition of MacPorts, readily available through all our regular
>> distribution means:
>>
>> -) binary installer for both 10.4 (Universal) and 10.3, http://
>> svn.macports.org/repository/macports/downloads/MacPorts-1.5.0/
>> -) source tarballs, both gz and bz2 formats, same location as above;
>> -) selfupdate.
>>

> Using http://svn.macosforge.org/repository/macports/downloads/
> MacPorts-1.5.0/MacPorts-1.5.0.tar.bz2
>
> which I downloaded and unarchived.
>
> $  ./configure && make
> checking build system type... configure: error: /bin/sh ./
> config.sub -apple-darwin8.10.1 failed
> configure: WARNING: Cache variable ac_cv_build contains a newline.
> zsh: 10685 exit 1     ./configure
>

> Running 10.4.10 on a MacBook 2Ghz Core Duo

	In a more recent post you claimed you don't have much understanding
of things at this level. OK, but then: did you manually switch from
the default bash shell to zsh? I wonder what else is different in
your system (and that you might not be aware of) that could be making
the system type check fail...

	Regards,...

-jmpp