Xaw3d 1.5E_1 (was Re: failed to build ports ocaml, xfig)

Derek Harland derek at chocolate-fish.com
Mon Jul 23 21:09:35 PDT 2007

> From: "Stefan Bruda" <bruda at cs.ubishops.ca>
> Subject: Re: failed to build ports ocaml, xfig
>
> BY the way, did anybody notice that upgrading Xaw3d to 1.5E_1
> breaks quite
> badly other things such as xemacs and gv?  Any suggestions on what
> could
> be done about this one?

Yes I noticed ... the solution (at least for me) was to uninstall and
then reinstall xemacs completely (ie ensure it is recompiled).  This
probably applies to anything that linked in Xaw3d.dylib as the
install location of it shifted in 1.5E_1.

Previously in 1.5E_0 it installed a bunch of soft links in /usr/X11R6/
lib pointing I can't remember where and xemacs, gv linked against
those.  Now it installs in /opt/local/lib.

derek.