failed to build ports ocaml, xfig

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Tue Jul 24 01:20:50 PDT 2007

On Jul 24, 2007, at 02:48, Dimitri Hendriks wrote:

> On 24 Jul 2007, at 00:01, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
>
>> On Jul 23, 2007, at 08:59, Dimitri Hendriks wrote:
>>
>>> How do I install an older version of a port?
>>> I want to have ocaml version 3.08, see below why.

>> See this previous post:
>>
>> http://lists.macosforge.org/pipermail/macports-users/2007-July/
>> 004452.html
>
> Sorry, I'm a newbie and I don't know how to look up
> "macports changeset ocaml 3.09 corresponds to"
> at the url given in this post.
>
> I also found another related post:
>
> http://lists.macosforge.org/pipermail/macports-users/2007-April/
> 002745.html
>
> but again I don't know what to do to
> "find the source of the old portfile"
> in the repository browser.

The repo browser is here:

http://trac.macosforge.org/projects/macports/browser/

Get to the dports [1] part of the repository; this is the ports tree:

http://trac.macosforge.org/projects/macports/browser/trunk/dports

Using "port info ocaml" or "port dir ocaml" or "port file ocaml",
discover that ocaml is in the "lang" category, and that the portfile
is therefore available here:

http://trac.macosforge.org/projects/macports/browser/trunk/dports/
lang/ocaml/Portfile

Click "Revision Log" in the upper right to see all the changes that
have ever been made to that file:

http://trac.macosforge.org/projects/macports/log/trunk/dports/lang/
ocaml/Portfile

You can see that the revision that upgraded the port to 3.10.0 was
25800, so if you want 3.09.x, grab the revision before that by
clicking "@23986":

http://trac.macosforge.org/projects/macports/browser/trunk/dports/
lang/ocaml/Portfile?rev=23986

Click "Original Format" at the bottom of the page to get the raw
Portfile code in a format that you can download to disk.

[1] "dports" stands for "DarwinPorts", the old name of the MacPorts
project. This may eventually get renamed "mports" or just "ports".