mpfr patches first fail then are sloowwwww!

Tabitha McNerney tabithamc at gmail.com
Tue Jul 24 15:01:40 PDT 2007

On 7/24/07, Vincent Lefevre <vincent-opdarw at vinc17.org> wrote:

> On 2007-07-22 13:13:47 -1000, Tabitha McNerney wrote:
> > Has anyone else noticed how slowwwww downloading the patches for the
> > mpfrMacPort is? I need mpfr as a prerequisite for the gcc41 and
> > gcc42 ports. At first my attempt to install mpfr failed like this:
> >
> > # port install mpfr
> > --->  Fetching mpfr
> > --->  Attempting to fetch patch01 from http://www.mpfr.org/mpfr-2.2.1/
> > --->  Attempting to fetch patch02 from http://www.mpfr.org/mpfr-2.2.1/
> > --->  Attempting to fetch patch02 from
> > http://svn.macports.org/repository/macports/distfiles/mpfr
> > --->  Attempting to fetch patch02 from
> > http://svn.macports.org/repository/macports/distfiles/general/
> > --->  Attempting to fetch patch02 from
> > http://svn.macports.org/repository/macports/downloads/mpfr
> > Error: Target org.macports.fetch returned: fetch failed
> > Error: Status 1 encountered during processing.
> >

> > But then I re-started like this and the patches started to download and
> > install but it took a relatively large amount of time. I'm wondering if
> > anyone might know why?
>
> The server may temporarily be slow. Please retry.
>
> FYI, I hope that MPFR 2.3.0-rc2 will be ready for the beginning of
> August.

Vincent, thank you for the heads up. With some extra patience, I had no
problem retrieving MPFR but it just took some time that's all.

Thank you for your contribution to MPFR. It plays a vital role in GCC and
there are some people who are doing some serious numerical solutions that
require Fortran as well with OpenMP!

Best wishes,

Tabitha