libiconv problem

Daniel J. Luke dluke at geeklair.net
Sat Jul 28 19:08:50 PDT 2007

On Jul 28, 2007, at 6:34 PM, Xin Liu wrote:
> My libiconv version is 1.11_4+darwin_8.
>
> When I run iconv, I got the following error:
>
> ***
> cookie:~ lx$ iconv
> dyld: Library not loaded: /usr/local/lib/libintl.3.dylib
>   Referenced from: /opt/local/bin/iconv
>   Reason: image not found
> Trace/BPT trap
> ***

external dependency problem.

Your libiconv built against a gettext that you had installed into /
usr/local (which is a default compiler search path) and when you
removed or changed the gettext in /usr/local, it broke your macports
installed libiconv.

The libiconv port should probably be modified (if possible) to make
sure it only builds against the macports-provided gettext.

You can probably get your system working again by doing:

sudo port -f uninstall libiconv
sudo port clean --all libiconv
sudo port install libiconv

to force it to remove/rebuild/reinstall libiconv.
--
Daniel J. Luke