can't compile php5

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sun Jul 29 16:00:26 PDT 2007

On Jul 28, 2007, at 21:00, Evan Burrows wrote:

> I had previously been using macports for managing, among other
> things, a LAMP install on my powerbook.  Unfortunately, I had a
> hard drive failure and just installed the new hard drive and pulled
> down the v1.5 for OSX 10.4.  I installed mysql5 and apache2 but
> when I went to install php5 the build failed.  I was using php5
> +mysql5 +apache2 +pear and unfortunately it is erroring out on what
> looks to be the first dependency..
>
> Macintosh:~ eburrows$ sudo /opt/local/bin/port install php5 +mysql5
> +apache2 +pear
> --->  Verifying checksum(s) for libmcrypt
> Error: Checksum (md5) mismatch for libmcrypt-2.5.8.tar.gz
> Error: Checksum (sha1) mismatch for libmcrypt-2.5.8.tar.gz
> Error: Checksum (rmd160) mismatch for libmcrypt-2.5.8.tar.gz
> Error: Target org.macports.checksum returned: Unable to verify file
> checksums
> Error: The following dependencies failed to build: libmcrypt libpng
> libxml2 libxslt mhash tiff
>
> How do I go about getting this installed.  I have never really
> messed with the underlying ports or maintained one for that
> matter.  Is it possible to overwrite the bad port on my box with a
> previous version that worked in one of the older macports
> distrobutions?

I am the maintainer of libmcrypt. The portfile has not recently
changed, and the distfile seems to be in order too. Perhaps you got a
bad download. Try "sudo port clean --all libmcrypt" and then try
installing it again. If you still get the problem, please clean again
and then show me the output of "sudo port -dv checksum libmcrypt".
Also check your /opt/local/var/macports/distfiles/libmcrypt directory
and see whether the archive stored there is in fact valid. (Can you
decompress it or does it report errors?)

I see that bzip2 archives are also available. I will update the port
to use those instead of the gzip archives to save download time.