Which version of Apache am I running?

paul beard paulbeard at gmail.com
Tue Jul 31 13:38:29 PDT 2007

On 7/31/07, Elise van Looij <evlooij at xs4all.nl> wrote:

> Dear MacPorters,
>
> this may be a stupid question, but if  'port installed' returns something
> like:
>

> The following ports are currently installed:
>   apache2 @2.2.4_0
>   apache2 @2.2.4_1 (active)
>

>   then shouldn't typing 'httpd -V' into the Terminal return something else
> than:
>

> Server version: Apache/1.3.33 (Darwin)
> Server built:   Aug 19 2006 07:55:18
> Server's Module Magic Number: 19990320:16
> Server compiled with....
> -D EAPI
> -D HAVE_MMAP
> -D USE_MMAP_SCOREBOARD
> -D USE_MMAP_FILES
> -D HAVE_FCNTL_SERIALIZED_ACCEPT
> -D HAVE_FLOCK_SERIALIZED_ACCEPT
> -D SINGLE_LISTEN_UNSERIALIZED_ACCEPT
> -D DYNAMIC_MODULE_LIMIT=64
> -D HARD_SERVER_LIMIT=2048
> -D HTTPD_ROOT="/usr"
> -D SUEXEC_BIN="/usr/sbin/suexec"
> -D DEFAULT_PIDLOG="/var/run/httpd.pid"
> -D DEFAULT_SCOREBOARD="/var/run/httpd.scoreboard"
> -D DEFAULT_LOCKFILE="/var/run/httpd.lock"
> -D DEFAULT_ERRORLOG="/var/log/httpd/error_log"
> -D TYPES_CONFIG_FILE="/etc/httpd/mime.types"
> -D SERVER_CONFIG_FILE="/etc/httpd/httpd.conf"
> -D ACCESS_CONFIG_FILE="/etc/httpd/access.conf"
> -D RESOURCE_CONFIG_FILE="/etc/httpd/srm.conf"
>

> ?
>

> I'm trying to figure out why Subversion keeps throwing up PROPFIND and
> ra_local errors at me, but if that sneaky server is running as 1.3 rather
> than 2, that would explain a lot. BTW, personal webserver is turned off,
> running OS 10.4.10 on Intel.
>

> Elise van Looij

Others have weighed in on this but your next step should have been "which
httpd". That would have turned that fact that you weren't running the
MacPorts version, but actually the Apple version.

That and the fact that all the -D definitions point to stuff outside the
/opt tree would be good indicators as well.

--
Paul Beard / www.paulbeard.org/
<paulbeard at gmail.com/paulbeard at mac.com>