Which version of Apache am I running?

Jyrki Wahlstedt jwa at macports.org
Tue Jul 31 13:54:14 PDT 2007

On 31.7.2007, at 23.03, Simon Ruderich wrote:

> Elise van Looij wrote:
>>
>> echo $PATH returned:
>>
>> /opt/local/lib/mysql5/bin/mysql
>> /opt/local/bin/mysql5
>> /usr/local/mysql/bin
>> /opt/local/bin
>> /opt/local/sbin
>> /opt/local/lib/mysql5/bin
>> /usr/local/bin
>> /bin
>> /sbin
>> /usr/bin
>> /usr/sbin
>> /opt/local/bin
>> /opt/local/lib/mysql5/bin/mysqladmin
>> /opt/local/lib/mysql5/bin/mysql
>
> I don't know why but apache 2 has its own directory. So you have to
> add
> the following to your $PATH:
>
> /opt/local/apache2/bin

And this must be put before /usr/sbin in the PATH, as otherwise the
result remains the same …

> To find out which version of an application is used you can use the
> following command. This prints the path to the application.
>
> which apachectl

This command uses PATH, because of which the order is important!

> Hope this helps,
> Simon

!
! Jyrki Wahlstedt
!	http://www.wahlstedt.fi/jyrki/
!
! Our life is no dream; but it ought to become one and perhaps will.
! PGP key ID: 0x139CC386 fingerprint: F355 B46F 026C B8C1 89C0  A780
6366 EFD9 139C C386