Port selfupate crypto lib problem

Chris Pickel chpickel at stwing.upenn.edu
Sun Jun 3 18:59:29 PDT 2007

On 03 Jun, 2007, at 18:56, Thomas Crawley wrote:
> I tried to perform the command "port selfupdate" to update my port
> installation with the latest version.

Just to confirm your suspicions, selfupdate is the correct fix to
this problem; "configure.cppflags" was added in 1.4.*

> I examined the source of SHA1Cmd.c and it seems that the compile
> flag HAVE_LIBCRYPTO is not set and so the
> configure script uses
>
> /usr/include/sha.h

Interestingly, I do not have this on my system (10.4.9).

> rmd160cmd.c:66:20: error: ripemd.h: No such file or directory

On the other hand, I *do* have /usr/include/openssl/ripemd.h

So, a couple of questions:
  * What version of Mac OS are you running?
  * Do you have the latest version of Xcode?
  * What are the contents of /usr/include/openssl?
  * What does `/usr/bin/openssl version` report?

Chris