is there an easy way to write CPAN Portfiles?

Michael Thon mike012012 at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 4 09:00:39 PDT 2007

Portfiles for Perl modules from CPAN are really easy to make.  While
making a portfile I discovered that the package has a list of
dependencies and some of those dependencies also have dependencies
that are not yet in macports.  Now I have a list of at least 10
portfiles that I need to make.  The little programmer in me thinks it
will be easier (or at least more interesting) to write a Perl script
to make a  portfile, given a CPAN package name... but maybe someone
else has already done it?

Mike