Porticus 1.0b1 Released

Randall Wood rhwood at mac.com
Tue Jun 5 18:13:45 PDT 2007

On 5 Jun 2007, at 20:53, Richard Laing wrote:

> Porticus is a Cocoa GUI for the MacPorts package manager. The first
> beta has just been released and is available at http://
> porticus.alittledrop.com. Any comments or feedback would be greatly
> appreciated.
>
> Features:
> Viewing the current MacPorts categories
> Installing, uninstalling, updating, activating and deactivating ports
> Port variant handling
> MacPorts self-update support
> Growl Integration
> Sparkle software updates.

It is really insulting to have a MacPorts ports manager that uses a
non-Macports means to update itself and that can not be installed via
MacPorts. If you really want to contribute to our project, you would
produce an application that is delivered via port, and that is as
open as the rest of the MacPorts project is.