Fortran

Jean-Marc Lachaine jmjmlach at tbaytel.net
Wed Jun 6 06:17:17 PDT 2007

> Andre-John Mas wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have just been given some fortran source, which I need to compile,
>> so I was curious to know whether a fortran compiler existed as part
>> of MacPorts? There doesn't seem to be a Fortran compiler as part of
>> the basic gcc installers that comes with XCode, at least there
>> doesn't
>> seem to be an f77 command.

There is a plugin available that will configure and install gfortran
(F77, F90, F95) for both cli and XCode available from the good people
at MacResearch.
http://www.macresearch.org/xcode_gfortran_plugin_update
It has at least one documented bug but I have used it quite
successfully.

You can also get the compiler without plugin from the HPC site at
SourceForge
http://hpc.sourceforge.net/
The HPC page also has links to binaries for g77 if you expect to only
need to deal with legacy code.

Jean-Marc Lachaine