newbie trying to install gphoto2

Chris O'Shea pixelsumo at gmail.com
Wed Jun 6 15:31:55 PDT 2007

Hi

I have a new laptop and am trying to install gphoto2 on to it (OSX).

following these instructions...
http://www.ynse.net/2006/09/10/gphoto2-on-mac-osx/

I downloaded and installed DarwinPort, then tried entering:
sudo port install libgphoto2

I got the error returned:
unable to open port: invalid name "configure.cflags-append"

Everyone I have asked seems to have no idea why this is happening.

Is mac ports / darwin ports providing the sources or the binaries? All I
want to do is download the software so I can run it from the command line.

Do you have any suggestions for how to do this?

Many thanks
Chris