perllocal.pod conflict between rrdtool and frozenbubble2

Didier Arenzana darenzana at gmail.com
Thu Jun 7 11:44:22 PDT 2007

Hi,
while trying to install port rrdtool, I encountered the following
error in the 'activating' step :

--->  Activating rrdtool 1.2.23_0
Error: Target com.apple.activate returned: Image error:
/opt/local/lib/perl5/5.8.8/darwin-2level/perllocal.pod is being used
by the active frozenbubble2 port.  Please deactivate this port first,
or use the -f flag to force the activation.
Warning: the following items did not execute (for rrdtool): com.apple.activate

I did a little googling, it appears that the 'perllocal.pod' file
purpose is to contain the list of locally-installed perl modules not
installed with the standard distribution.

I guess that when installing frozenbubble2, it did create the file,
and now rrdtool tries to replace it with its own version. The correct
behaviour would be to update the file appending new contents to it,
shouldn't it?

During the build phase, I see the fllowing :
Appending installation info to
/opt/local/var/db/dports/build/_opt_local_var_db_dports_sources_rsync.rsync.darwinports.org_dpupdate_dports_net_rrdtool/work/destroot/opt/local/lib/perl5/5.8.8/darwin-2level/perllocal.pod

So the port is creating the perlloca.pod in its working directory, and
tries to copy it over the original one in the activation phase. Is
there a way to fix that?

Regards,
Didier Arenzana