problems with port that use ruby gem to install.

Boey Maun Suang boeyms at macports.org
Mon Jun 11 06:33:09 PDT 2007

Hi,

I haven't yet got a solution for the problem that you and others have
been having with rb-rubygems, but I may have stumbled on a
workaround: could you try doing a forced upgrade of rb-rubygems using
"sudo port -fn upgrade rb-rubygems" and see if that works?  I noticed
a note in the svn log for the rb-rubygems Portfile that made mention
of a patch to fix a problem that arose on a fresh install but not on
upgrades, and I wondered whether or not this might do the trick, as
it seemed to for me.

Kind regards,

Maun Suang

--