Git and SVN

paul beard paulbeard at gmail.com
Tue Jun 12 12:57:42 PDT 2007

On Jun 12, 2007, at 12:40 PM, Nathan Corvino wrote:

> I just tried installing Git through MacPorts, and everything went
> great; except that I don't  seem to have git-svn, which is
> important for my current environment at work.  Does anyone know
> about this?  Is there a way to layer it on top?

I know your question was answered but in the spirit of "teach a man
to fish" and for the archives:

white:~ paul$ port info git*
git-core 1.5.2.1 (Variants: universal, doc, svn)
http://git.or.cz/

A stupid (but extremely fast) directory content manager. It doesn't
do a whole lot, but what it _does_ do is track directory contents
efficiently.

Library Dependencies: curl, zlib, openssl, expat, libiconv
Runtime Dependencies: curl, openssh, rsync
Platforms: darwin
Maintainers: bryan at larsen.st

That gives you the possible variants, project home page,
dependencies, description,  and maintainer.
--
Paul Beard
words: http://paulbeard.org/wordpress