Docbook errors

Randall Wood rhwood at mac.com
Tue Jun 12 15:23:23 PDT 2007

I think that almost all, if not all, of the docbook issues that have
prevented other ports from building have been resolved.

The following steps should be performed for continuing problems:

1) Make sure everything is up-to-date:
	sudo port selfupdate ; sudo port upgrade outdated
2) Clean the port that failed to build:
	sudo port clean --all portname
3) Attempt to install the port while logging the results:
	sudo port -dv install portname > ~/port.log 2>&1
4) Continued failures should be logged in the Macports ticket system,
setting the port maintainer as owner.

On 12 Jun 2007, at 17:49, Dave Reed wrote:

> Is there somewhere I can look to see when this issue is resolved?
> Looking on the wiki, it appears the last bug reported for gnome-
> panel was closed. I did send you the error messages but I don't
> know if you received them since I never heard back from you. Let me
> know if you need me to resend them.
>
> Thanks,
> Dave
>

> On May 22, 2007, at 5:46 AM, Randall Wood wrote:
>
>> Is it actually failing or just spewing error messages?
>>
>> This is a known issue and there is some work being down to simply
>> rebuild the entire docbook set of ports in MacPorts to deal with
>> it. The real problem with these errors is that they seem to be
>> intermittent, and difficult to reliably reproduce.
>>
>> Try building again and see if you get the errors again and please
>> post the entire error message if you get it.
>>
>> On 21 May 2007, at 23:30, daveother at mac.com wrote:
>>

>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I'm trying to use port to install py-gnome
>>>
>>> While compiling one of its dependencies (gnome-panel - which
>>> lists you as a maintainer), I get this
>>>
>>> Making all in window-list
>>> if ! test -d es/; then mkdir es/; fi
>>> case "." in /*) sd=".";; *) sd="../.";; esac; \
>>> if [ -f "C/window-list.xml" ]; then d="../"; else d="$sd/"; fi; \
>>> (cd es/ && \
>>>   `which xml2po` -e -p \
>>>     "${d}es/es.po" \
>>>     "${d}C/window-list.xml" > window-list.xml.tmp && \
>>>     cp window-list.xml.tmp window-list.xml && rm -f window-
>>> list.xml.tmp)
>>> http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.1.2/dbpoolx.mod:3408:
>>> parser warning : PEReference: %tbl.table.att; not found
>>>                 %tbl.table.att;
>>>
>>> and similar error messages. Is this a known issue? Is there a
>>> workaround?
>>>
>>> This is on a dual 2.3 G5 (10.4.9) with Xcode 2.4.1 for the
>>> compiler. If there's anything else I can do to help solve this,
>>> let me know.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Dave
>>>

>> Randall Wood
>> rhwood at mac.com
>> http://shyramblings.blogspot.com
>>
>> "The rules are simple: The ball is round. The game lasts 90
>> minutes. All the
>> rest is just philosophy."

Randall Wood