PHP/Apache/phpMyAdmin dependencies (was: Re: interspersed and cut off)

Pete Gontier pete at gontier.org
Tue Jun 12 17:27:28 PDT 2007

On Jun 12, 2007, at 4:21 PM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:

> You built php5 for Apple's Apache, and are now trying to use it
> with MacPorts Apache. Yes, that will not work. Built php5 for the
> version of Apache you want to use it with.

It's great that we know what the problem is, and I am more than happy
to perform whatever incantation is necessary to rebuild php5 against
MacPorts' Apache, but I'm not sure what that is. I guess I'll go poke
around in MacPorts' directories and see if I can figure something out.

> Looks like I should really get a move on and fix the php5 +apache
> variant to do what we say in the FAQ we do -- which is, use
> MacPorts software, not Apple software, by default, unless there's a
> good reason not to.

Of course, that would be even better than an incantation. :-)

— Pete Gontier <http://www.pete.gontier.org/>