(no subject)

P.J. Rusello pjr25 at cornell.edu
Fri Jun 15 07:50:26 PDT 2007

I installed Xfig in the hopes of being able to draw some schematics
for an upcoming project. Everything on the install went fine, Xfig
starts, but crashes every time with the following error:

xfig3.2.5: SIGBUS signal trapped
xfig: figure empty or not modified - exiting
Abort trap

The menus are all empty (i.e. I can select "File" but there's nothing
in it to select) as well. I can draw shapes before the crash and the
files are auto-saved by Xfig without a problem if I modify them.

I came across this thread:

http://lists.macosforge.org/pipermail/macports-users/2007-April/
002743.html

And the last post in it suggests Xaw3d is the problem. I modified the
Portfile (sudo port edit Xfig) by deleting the port:Xaw3d line from
the depends_lib section and tried reinstalling Xfig (after
uninstalling it). Same problem, same error, still crashing before I
get a chance to meddle.

Am I doing something wrong in the Portfile edit where Macports is
using a different version and ignoring my edits, or is the problem
not associated with Xaw3d like the last post in the thread I linked
to? Any help would be really appreciated. Thanks!

P.J.