Can't install gnome

brian brian at newmedio.com
Tue Jun 19 12:11:36 PDT 2007

paul beard wrote:

> On Jun 19, 2007, at 6:22 AM, brian wrote:
>
>> came across this peculiarity while following your directions...
>>

>> [brian at brian brian]$ sudo port uninstall libxslt
>> --->  Unable to uninstall libxslt 1.1.20_0, the following ports
>> depend on it:
>>
>> --->    scrollkeeper
>>
>> --->    libgda
>>
>> --->    xmlto
>>
>> --->    py-gobject
>>
>> --->    gnome-platform-suite
>>
>> Error: port uninstall failed: Please uninstall the ports that depend
>> on libxslt first.
>>
>> [brian at brian brian]$  port dependents libxsit
>>
>> libxsit has no dependents!
>>

>> question: is there a way to automatically uninstall all the
>> dependents of a package?
>>

> I expect so (man port to be sure) but I just did them by hand to make
> of my steps.
>
> And reply-all on this, if there is a reply, so we can keep it on list.
> Someone else will know the answer if I don't.
> --
> Paul Beard
> words: http://paulbeard.org/wordpress
> pictures: http://www.flickr.com/photos/pdb206/
> Are you trying to win an argument or solve a problem?

still no love.
Ok, I uninstalled those packages, and then ran

sudo port -bvt install gnome-desktop-suite >port-gnome-log 2>&1

you said to install the deps first. does the above command do that?

I attached a list of all the places in the log where the string error
occurred. everything falls apart after this statement

--->  Building gnome-desktop with target all
:
:

Making all in gpl
if ! test -d fr/; then mkdir fr/; fi
if [ -f "C/gpl.xml" ]; then d="../"; else
d="/opt/local/var/db/dports/build/_opt_local_var_db_dports_sources_rsync.rsync.darwinports.org_dpupdate_
dports_gnome_gnome-desktop/work/gnome-desktop-2.18.2/desktop-docs/gpl/";
fi; \
(cd fr/ && \
  `which xml2po` -e -p \
    "${d}fr/fr.po" \
    "${d}C/gpl.xml" > gpl.xml.tmp && \
    cp gpl.xml.tmp gpl.xml && rm -f gpl.xml.tmp)