Problem installing php5

Pete Gontier pete at gontier.org
Tue Jun 19 18:11:01 PDT 2007

This sounds like the problem I saw a few days ago. MacPorts builds
php5 against Apple's Apache rather than MacPorts' Apache. This is a
bug in the php5 package. On Jun 12, 2007, at 4:21 PM, Ryan Schmidt
wrote:

> "php5 +apache" currently uses Apple's Apache. This is inconsistent
> with MacPorts general policy and I will change it, eventually, so
> that +apache will use MacPorts Apache 1, and a new variant
> +apache_apple will use Apple's Apache.
> Looks like I should really get a move on and fix the php5 +apache
> variant to do what we say in the FAQ we do -- which is, use
> MacPorts software, not Apple software, by default, unless there's a
> good reason not to.

The php5 you have installed now will probably work fine with Apple's
Apache -- at least it works fine for me. This means you need to edit /
etc/httpd/httpd.conf rather than whatever file you edited in order to
tell Apache to load php5.

— Pete Gontier <http://www.pete.gontier.org/>