Launchd not starting lighttpd

Derek Harland derek at chocolate-fish.com
Wed Jun 20 20:58:38 PDT 2007

On 21/06/2007, at 3:39 PM, macports-users-
request at lists.macosforge.org wrote:

> Nothing in the console at all. I am stumped. No error messages at
> all. The wrapper has the correct syntax. Manually loading and
> unloading the launchd file works properly. I just don't get why it's
> not working on boot.

Are you saying it works if loaded by launchctl after your box is up,
but never works if loaded by launchd at boot time of your machine?
If so, is the plist in /Library/LaunchDaemons symlinked to a file
that is *not* on the boot volume?  eg is your /opt on another
partition? On my machine I've found that launchd will silently fail
to process such files at boot time.  (Presumably because the
partition is not yet mounted in /Volumes).

If this is your problem, then simply replacing the symlink with an
actual file should fix it (although you may need to clean it up later
if you uninstall the application)

derek.