Launchd not starting lighttpd - startupitem.requires

Alex Kac alex at webis.net
Thu Jun 21 18:45:34 PDT 2007

I should add - this didn't work for me :( I still have to manually
restart bind anytime we do a restart of the server. Thankfully, the
XServe has a very good uptime :)

On Jun 21, 2007, at 2:49 PM, macports-users-
request at lists.macosforge.org wrote:

> Hi Sterling,
>
> startupitem.requires takes effect only for SystemStarter items, not
> for launchd.
>
> Here's what I'd try:
>
>> On Apr 9, 2007, at 10:22 AM, James Berry wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Alex,
>>>
>>> You might try adding the option "--restart-netchange" to the
>>> daemondo invocation in /Library/LaunchDaemons/
>>> org.macports.bind9.plist:
>>>
>>> 		<string>--restart-netchange</string>
>>>
>>> This should cause daemondo to restart bind if the ip address
>>> changes, which is probably occurring after bind gets running.
>>>

> This doesn't prevent lighttpd from starting, but it does restart it
> when the network configuration changes, probably sometime after it
> first starts up.
>
> Let me know if this works for you. That string line should follow the
> --label line, for instance.
>
> James

Alex Kac - President and Founder
Web Information Solutions, Inc. - Microsoft Certified Partner