php5 and gd 2.0.35 (was: Re: php5 and freetype)

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Mon Jun 25 14:42:34 PDT 2007

On Jun 25, 2007, at 09:32, paul beard wrote:

> On Jun 25, 2007, at 1:30 AM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
>
>> Could you please post your config.log? Hopefully that will give us
>> a clue what it's having problems with.
>
> Have at it.

Ok, so I see this:

/usr/bin/ld: warning can't open dynamic library: /opt/local/lib/
libcom_err.1.dylib referenced from: /opt/local/lib/libkrb5.dylib
(checking for undefined symbols may be affected) (No such file or
directory, errno = 2)
/usr/bin/ld: warning can't open dynamic library: /opt/local/lib/
libcom_err.1.dylib referenced from: /opt/local/lib/libasn1.6.dylib
(checking for undefined symbols may be affected) (No such file or
directory, errno = 2)

It sounds like you have kerberos5 installed (/opt/local/lib/
libkrb5.dylib) and that it depends on something called libcom_err.
1.dylib which is not present. Do you know what libcom_err.1.dylib is?
I don't. If you do, install whatever port provides that. Also, do you
need kerberos5? If not, uninstall it. The php5 port currently uses
the kerberos libraries in Mac OS X instead of the ones from MacPorts.
This is not quite in line with MacPorts philosophy of always using
its own software, but on the other hand I have very little idea what
kerberos is for or why I might want it, which is why I haven't
addressed this matter in the portfile yet.