php5 and gd 2.0.35 (was: Re: php5 and freetype)

paul beard paulbeard at gmail.com
Mon Jun 25 15:54:17 PDT 2007

On 6/25/07, Ryan Schmidt <ryandesign at macports.org> wrote:

> It sounds like you have kerberos5 installed (/opt/local/lib/
> libkrb5.dylib) and that it depends on something called libcom_err.
> 1.dylib which is not present. Do you know what libcom_err.1.dylib is?
> I don't. If you do, install whatever port provides that. Also, do you
> need kerberos5? If not, uninstall it. The php5 port currently uses
> the kerberos libraries in Mac OS X instead of the ones from MacPorts.
> This is not quite in line with MacPorts philosophy of always using
> its own software, but on the other hand I have very little idea what
> kerberos is for or why I might want it, which is why I haven't
> addressed this matter in the portfile yet.
>

> port info heimdal yields this:

Kerberos provides a means of verifying the identities of principals, (e.g.,
a workstation user or a network server) on an open (unprotected) network.
This is accomplished without relying on authentication by the host operating
system, without basing trust on host addresses, without requiring physical
security of all the hosts on the network, and under the assumption that
packets traveling along the network can be read, modified, and inserted at
will.

port provides /opt/local/lib/libkrb5.dylib
/opt/local/lib/libkrb5.dylib is provided by: heimdal

heimdal, in turn, is required by gnome-vfs.

--
Paul Beard / www.paulbeard.org/
<paulbeard at gmail.com/paulbeard at mac.com>