[MySQL] Is it possible to re-install clean without having to remove php ?

Jyrki Wahlstedt jwa at macports.org
Mon Jun 25 23:57:11 PDT 2007

On 26.6.2007, at 9.45, Bill Hernandez wrote:

> Thanks to all those that offered suggestions and feedback on the
> MySQL problem I am having.
>
> I tried to remove MySQL in order to start over, in order to follow
> the instructions and the advice more closely, but MacPorts didn't
> like that idea very well unless I removed PHP, which rightfully so
> depends on MySQL.
>
> It appears that my install is messed up beyond repair, and would
> like to start over with MySQL, just remove it and re-install it...
>
> Is it possible to force it, or am I just looking for more trouble
> unless I remove PHP first ?
>
> Best regards,
>
> Bill Hernandez
> Plano, Texas

Hi,
if you mean MySQL installed using MacPorts, you can force uninstall
using '-f' flag. If and when you reinstall MySQL, everything is in
place and should run.

!
! Jyrki Wahlstedt
!	skype:jyrkiwahlstedt
!	http://www.wahlstedt.fi/jyrki/
!
! Our life is no dream; but it ought to become one and perhaps will.
! PGP key ID: 0x139CC386 fingerprint: F355 B46F 026C B8C1 89C0  A780
6366 EFD9 139C C386