odcctools - possible on 10.3.9?

William Gallafent william at gallaf.net
Wed Jun 27 15:17:36 PDT 2007

On Wednesday 27 June 2007 23:02:37 Yves de Champlain wrote:
> As far as I know, it does not work on 10.3.9.

I guess it should flag this in the port file then, as per Ryan's
suggestion in the next mail in this thread (!)

> We could
> always bring back to life the old version that used to.  But,
> I am tempted to ask why you want odcctools as its main
> purpose is darwin development ?

Well, I'm attempting to build the gcc42 port on 10.3.9, and that
build fails because of an unrecognised argument to libtool (see
other thread) - so I thought I'd attempt to build odcctools
port, in the expectation that it contains a later version of
libtool, which would allow the gcc42 port to build!

(In fact, all these efforts stem from the fact that I've not yet
succeeded in building a gcc 4.2.0 cross-compiler with
host=i386-apple-darwin8, target=powerpc-apple-darwin7 ..... if
I could manage that then I would do all my building on the
10.4.10 intel machine!)

So, if there's a way to tweak gcc42's build so that it is able
to operate with XCode 1.5's cctools, then that would be a good
solution to get gcc42 up and running native on the 10.3.9
machine for now. I certainly wouldn't advocate resurrecting
older versions of odcctools just for this use case!

The final underlying reason for all this is to experiment with
the state of OpenMP support in GCC 4.2.0, in the hope that I
can enable it for a project on both PowerPC and Intel macs!