Unable to run 'ruby script/console'

Frederick C. Lee fclee at dialup4less.com
Thu Jun 28 07:48:00 PDT 2007

You have a valid point.
However, I've found via slamming a few brick walls, that there were
some legacy libraries (PPC) that were apparently transferred from my
PPC machine when I initially setup this MacBook Pro (intel).  Hence,
my logic is to clear as much clutter as I can; keeping the vestigial
files down to a minimum.

Sometimes I just create a symbolic pointer within a PATH locale to my
desired target.

Ric.

On Jun 27, 2007, at 4:14 PM, Steve Rogers wrote:

> On Jun 27, 2007, at 5:02 PM, Frederick C. Lee wrote:
>
>> One the hassles of installing software via MacPorts and
>> independent sites is having duplicate applications installed.
>> I started to look for all the ruby parts and found them
>> distributed about the HD: . . .
>
> That shouldnt' matter so long as your path is consistent.  I'm sure
> I have plenty of duplicates - part of the point is to be able to
> manage software in the /opt tree without mucking up or altering
> things that are already there in /usr/local or wherever else they
> might be.   If you're getting some other IRB, then /opt isn't at
> the beginning of your PATH.
>
> SR

Frederick C. Lee
fclee at dialup4less.com