SqlFairy

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Fri Jun 29 02:08:32 PDT 2007

On Jun 29, 2007, at 00:45, Steven Rogers wrote:

> Is there any interest in creating a MacPort of this project?
> http://sqlfairy.sourceforge.net/
>
> I don't know perl well enough to know what's involved.

That's just fine -- MacPorts doesn't use Perl! :) Portfiles are
written in Tcl, which is a lot more like writing a configuration file
than a script. It's easy.

If you'd like to write a portfile for SQLFairy we'd be happy to
accept it. Best way to get started is to read the old docs, and look
at existing portfiles to see how they work (type "port edit mysql5"
or "port edit php5" for some complicated examples, or "port edit
pkgconfig" or "port edit cairo" for some simple ones). See also the
portfile manpage ("man portfile"). The old docs are in the archive:

http://web.archive.org/web/20060427120406/darwinports.opendarwin.org/
docs/