installing ARTS

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Fri Jun 29 18:27:15 PDT 2007

On Jun 29, 2007, at 12:11, markd wrote:

> "KURAAKU Deibiddo" on Friday, June 29, 2007 at 9:18 AM -0800 wrote:
>
>> --->  Verifying checksum(s) for arts
>> Error: Checksum (md5) mismatch for arts-1.1.2.tar.bz2
>> Error: Target com.apple.checksum returned: Unable to verify file
>> checksums
>> Error: Status 1 encountered during processing.
>>
>> Is there any way around it, short of one of the maintainers or devs
>> fixing the checksum for this package?  (Note:  I am running the
>> current
>> version of MacPorts, have run clean on it, and have done multiple
>> syncs.)
>
> There is a ticket on that.  The package is out of date and it requires
> more than the usual update version/checksum sort of thing.  so
> unfortunately it needs someone who knows the app well to fix it I
> think.

This is the ticket:

http://trac.macosforge.org/projects/macports/ticket/11793

I just closed/resolved it... which is only to say that I found a site
where arts-1.1.2.tar.bz2 could still be downloaded, and updated the
master_sites in the portfile to reflect that. It will now download
and pass the checksum verification, but I have no idea whether it
will in fact install, and it is still woefully out of date.