Error installing subversion

Daniel J. Luke dluke at geeklair.net
Fri Mar 2 05:33:21 PST 2007

On Mar 1, 2007, at 11:22 PM, Ryan Matthew Balfanz wrote:
> I want to install ffmpeg so I can convert alot of images to a movie
> but ffmpeg requires subversion, which will not install.
>
> Here is the problem:

If you can send me an attachment with the full output of:

port clean subversion
port -d -v install subversion

That may help diagnose what is going wrong.

> .... MANY MORE LINES HERE...
> grep: /opt/local/var/db/dports/build/
> _opt_local_var_db_dports_sources_rsync.rsync.darwinports.org_dpupdate_
> dports_textproc_expat/work/destroot/opt/local/lib/libexpat.la:
> No such file or directory
> sed: /opt/local/var/db/dports/build/
> _opt_local_var_db_dports_sources_rsync.rsync.darwinports.org_dpupdate_
> dports_textproc_expat/work/destroot/opt/local/lib/libexpat.la:
> No such file or directory
> libtool: link: `/opt/local/var/db/dports/build/
> _opt_local_var_db_dports_sources_rsync.rsync.darwinports.org_dpupdate_
> dports_textproc_expat/work/destroot/opt/local/lib/libexpat.la'
> is not a valid libtool archive
> make: *** [subversion/libsvn_subr/libsvn_subr-1.la] Error 1

That looks perhaps like a problem with the expat port.

Do you have the latest expat port installed?

Try:

port sync
port -f uninstall expat
port install expat