gramps and python issues

Mark Duling mark.duling at biola.edu
Mon Mar 5 09:09:39 PST 2007

Paul Beard <[ mailto:paulbeard at gmail.com ]paulbeard at gmail.com> on Sunday,
March 4, 2007 at 1:18 PM  wrote:
I can't install gramps: i was trying to run it before and hitting some
errors so I decided to rebuild python and gramps. Now gramps won't
complete the configure stage.

The current Gramps port is broken.  There is a newer version of Gramps now
but I've been unable to get it working.  So until someone solves whatever
problem there is with building Gramps from source it just wo´'t work.
There is a Gramps on OS X wiki page somewhere that helps, but I still
wasn´t able to solve the problem.  The wiki page makes clear that OS X
builds are problematic though.  Sorry I can't give a link but it should be
easily Googled.

Mark