The image question

Salvatore Domenick Desiano sal at ri.cmu.edu
Thu Mar 8 07:41:29 PST 2007

I have been using them, particularly for installing and uninstalling
debug versions of libraries I use for my research, but I only use images
because that's how activation is implemented. I wouldn't argue if the
equivalent functionality was done with tarballs (and, it might take less
disk space).

-- Sal
smile.

  Salvatore Domenick Desiano