Cannot start apache2 with php5 due to missing sqlite3

Tom Brice tomtoday at gmail.com
Fri Mar 9 11:59:57 PST 2007

There was a thread a in January with this same subject:
http://lists.macosforge.org/pipermail/macports-users/2007-January/
001325.html

I am seeing the same thing on a machine running OS X 10.3.9.  I have
installed sqlite3 from MacPorts (sqlite3 is not included with OS X
10.3.9).  Here is what I did on a new (empty) install of MacPorts:

$ sudo port install sqlite3
$ sudo port isntall libiconv +darwin_7
$ sudo port install apache2 +darwin_7

at this point I verified that Apache was functional.  No errors on
startup and served pages as expected.

$ sudo port install php5 +apache2 +darwin_7 +pear +mysql5

After this completed with no errors I get in error_log when trying to
start apache (/opt/local/apache2/bin/apachectl start):

dyld: /opt/local/apache2/bin/httpd Undefined symbols:
_sqlite3_bind_parameter_count
_sqlite3_bind_text
_sqlite3_changes
_sqlite3_close
_sqlite3_column_bytes
_sqlite3_column_count
_sqlite3_column_name
_sqlite3_column_text
_sqlite3_column_type
_sqlite3_errmsg
_sqlite3_finalize
_sqlite3_free
_sqlite3_mprintf
_sqlite3_open
_sqlite3_prepare
_sqlite3_reset
_sqlite3_step

Same a original post.  Perhaps there is an option that should be
included in configure for darwin 7 that points to a MacPorts install
of sqlite3?  Any other ideas?

Thanks for any suggestions,
Tom