php5 + mysql's mysql variant

Marco Battistella macports.mb at makeko.com
Wed Mar 14 17:05:16 PDT 2007

hi there,
I have made a small variant for the installation of php5.
This variant allows the use of the mysql4 binary that can be
downloaded form the mysql site. I have been using that for longer
than i have be using darwinports so it made sense to me to install
php5 this way, i don't know if it can be of any use to anybody else
or if it makes any sense to include it in the distribution... Tested
on Mac OS X 10.3.9 Sever.

variant mymysql4 conflicts mysql3 mysql4 mysql5 {
     configure.args-delete   --without-mysql
     configure.args-append   --with-mysql=/usr/local/mysql
}

Take care,
Marco