Portfile whitespace issues

Daniel J. Luke dluke at geeklair.net
Thu Mar 15 07:15:58 PDT 2007

On Mar 15, 2007, at 3:12 AM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
> There were not that many participants. I tried to put up a fight in
> favor of keeping hard tabs, but I was the only one. :-) Upon
> further consideration, I don't think I really care that much one
> way or another, and I do recognize that a whole class of spacing
> issues we currently have in Portfiles would not occur if we did not
> use tabs. So, let's take 'em out!

The old rule was that Porfiles should be internally consistent.

That was it - and I don't think it's so bad to let portfile authors
handle things however they want as long as the result isn't totally
unreadable for everything else.

So, my vote would be for continuing the old policy and not getting
all whitespace-crazy on everything (it makes sense to have one
whitespace convention for base/ code, though).

--
Daniel J. Luke