Firefox-x11 --any chance?

Stefan Bruda bruda at cs.ubishops.ca
Thu Mar 15 18:15:19 PDT 2007

Hi,

Is there any chance at all to have Firefox running under MacPorts on
Intel Macs?  I have stumbled upon Bug #10251
<http://trac.macports.org/projects/macports/ticket/10251> as (I guess)
everybody else, and then I tried to build 2.0.0.2 with the same
effect.  I don't know what else to try, but I am willing to help if
somebody gives me any clue on the matter.

The absence of an X11 version of firefox is a big problem for me,
since as an old-school Unix/Linux user I hate the Aqua UI and I hate
even more the mixed X11/Aqua UI I am forced now to use.  So any advice
is appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Stefan

--
If it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be; but as
it isn't, it ain't.  That's logic.