Newbie ncursesw problem - can't install apache2

John Korchok jkorchok at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 16 12:54:11 PDT 2007

I am trying to install apache2 on an Intel Mac, but when it tries to build
ncursesw I always get:

---> Building ncursesw with target all
Error: Target com.apple.build returned: shell command "cd
"/opt/local/var/db/dports/build/_opt_local_var_db_dports_sources_rsync.rsync
darwinports.org_dpupdate_dports_devel_ncursesw/work/ncurses-5.5" && make
all" returned error 2
Command output: cd man && make DESTDIR="" all
make[1]: Nothing to be done for `all'.
cd include && make DESTDIR="" all
make[1]: Nothing to be done for `all'.
cd ncurses && make DESTDIR="" all
gawk -f ./tinfo/MKnames.awk ./../include/Caps
make[1]: *** [codes.c] Illegal instruction
make: *** [all] Error 2

Error: The following dependencies failed to build: ncursesw

I've tried all the usual clean -all installed and finally uninstalled
everything to start over, but I'm still getting this report. Any ideas?

--
John Korchok