php5 +apache2 +mysql5 does not behave as expected

Elise van Looij evlooij at xs4all.nl
Sat Mar 17 06:45:42 PDT 2007

At the end of a MAMP installation (sudo port install php5 +apache2
+mysql5) I got the following message:

--->  Installing php5 5.2.1_1+apache2+darwin_8+macosx+mysql5

If this is your first install, you might want
cd /opt/local/apache2/modules
/opt/local/apache2/bin/apxs -a -e -n "php5" libphp5.so

* copy  /opt/local/etc/php.ini-dist to  /opt/local/etc/php.ini
--->  Activating php5 5.2.1_1+apache2+darwin_8+macosx+mysql5
--->  Cleaning php5

Question: what is it exactly that I might want to do? Should I copy
those lines from cd ... ini into my terminal? As one line, three lines?

Does this have anything to do with the fact that the installation did
not result in a proper httpd.conf, as I expected, but in a file
called httpd.conf.sample which, among other things, has no LoadModule
for php5?

I did a port install for apache2 and mysql5 (and subversion) before I
did the port install php5 +apache2 +mysql5

Elise van Looij