freetype 2.3.1 - any problems anticipated?

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Mon Mar 19 20:16:47 PDT 2007

freetype 2.3.1 is available. [1] I think I might update to it.
Someone has provided me with an updated portfile already. Only, there
were massive problems, as I recall, when someone tried to update to
freetype 2.2.1 and we had to revert to 2.1.10. Does anyone remember
what the problems were at that time, and know whether or not we will
have those problems now with 2.3.1?

[1] In fact, 2.3.2 is available, but it produces errors during
configuration/compilation which 2.3.1 does not, so I am inclined to
upgrade only to 2.3.1 for now, if at all.