Problems with libgda-1.2.4

Landon Fuller landonf at macports.org
Wed Mar 21 11:58:22 PDT 2007

On Mar 20, 2007, at 14:23, Ryan Schmidt wrote:

> On Mar 20, 2007, at 10:13, Frank McPherson wrote:
>
>> ld: warning -L: directory name (/opt/local/var/db/dports/build/
>> _opt_local_var_db_dports_sources_rsync.rsync.darwinports.org_dpupdate
>> _dports_gnome_libgda/work/pgsql/lib) does not exist
>
> libgda should not be looking for /opt/local/var/db/dports/build/
> _opt_local_var_db_dports_sources_rsync.rsync.darwinports.org_dpupdate_
> dports_gnome_libgda/work/pgsql/lib which, true, does not exist
> (anymore), nor should it. It should be looking for maybe /opt/local/
> pgsql/lib or something similar (I'm not sure exactly since I don't
> use PostgreSQL). The author of the libgda port, or maybe the author
> of the postgresql80 port, will have to comment as to why it's
> looking for the pgsql libraries in the wrong place.

This is intentional -- and it it works if postgres8 is installed. I
implemented this hack in the libgda port so that its configure script
could find both mysql and postgres without extensive modification.

I'm not sure about the other failures, to be honest. Does depends_lib-
append not work as expected?

-landonf