mac osx server and mysql

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Thu Mar 29 23:48:06 PDT 2007

On Mar 30, 2007, at 01:29, grimmwerks wrote:

> Hey - trying desperately to get subversion, mysql, ruby and
> retrospectiva working on osx server, but it's much more painful
> than the other installs I've done...
>
> where does mysql save it's db? Seems I don't have write access....

I believe the default location for MySQL 5 databases installed by
MacPorts is /opt/local/var/db/mysql5

> ...does anyone know of any tutorials to handle what I want to do/

What doesn't work for you? For example, if you want to run a MySQL 5
server, you should be able to say

sudo port install mysql5 +server

and then follow the instructions printed when it's done regarding how
to create the initial databases.

For Subversion, you should be able to say

sudo port install subversion

and get Subversion. What problems are you encountering?