Gimp Fails to Build

Yves de Champlain yves at macports.org
Tue May 1 16:08:47 PDT 2007

Le 07-05-01 à 17:51, Ryan Schmidt a écrit :

> On May 1, 2007, at 15:46, Yves de Champlain wrote:
>
>> gimp is now the same port as gimp2
>>
>> when 2.4 comes out, I will remove both gimp-dev (2.3.x) and gimp2
>
> What will happen for users who currently have gimp2 or gimp-dev
> installed?

I'll probably first replace the ports with a message saying what's
going on.

I think it's fair because, for gimp2 users, the variants scheme will
change and for gimp-dev users, well it won't make sense anymore to
have the 2.3.x development branch installed when 2.4 is out.  Unless
gimp-dev goes on with 2.5.x but I would not bet on it.

Of course, I'm open to other ideas.

yves