Bittorrent

Jyrki Wahlstedt jwa at macports.org
Wed May 2 01:56:48 PDT 2007

On 2.5.2007, at 11.38, David Liontooth wrote:

> Eric Donkersloot wrote:
>> Hi everybody,
>>
>> Is there any way to install bittorrent without the necessity to
>> install
>> Xfree86 or Apple's X11 ? I never understood why it needs that
>> dependency.
>>
>> Met vriendelijke groet / Kind regards,
>>
>> Eric
>>
> "port file bittorrent" shows it has these dependencies:
>
> depends_lib     port:py-wxpython \
>                         port:py-twisted \
>                         port:py-crypto
>
> Not sure why it needs wxpython, that might pull in X11.
>
> You could try rtorrent -- very cool actually, a curses-version of
> sorts
> of azureus.
>
> Dave

Not answering the original question (I don't know) I can say there is
nothing in py-wxpython to pull in X11. It depends on (as can be seen
with 'port deps py-wxpython') python24 and wxWidgets. Port wxWidgets
does not depend on X11.

!
! Jyrki Wahlstedt
!	skype:jyrkiwahlstedt
!	http://www.wahlstedt.fi/jyrki/
!
! Our life is no dream; but it ought to become one and perhaps will.
! PGP key ID: 0x139CC386 fingerprint: F355 B46F 026C B8C1 89C0  A780
6366 EFD9 139C C386